ISO 14001:2015 Revision
ISO/DIS 14001, the first formal draft of ISO 14001:2015, describes the potential requirements of the final version of ISO 14001:2015 that is to be introduced in Q3 2015. We offer a suite of solutions to help your organization transition from its current ISO 14001:2004 certification to meet the requirements of ISO 14001:2015.
The main areas of changes proposed in ISO/DIS 14001 are:
The scope of the revision by the ISO 14001:2015 subcommittee (ISO/TC 207/SC 1) responsible for the review consists of:
- Incorporation of the Annex SL framework. ISO/DIS 14001 adopts the clause structure specified in Annex SL which is now the required framework for all new and revised ISO Management System Standards (MSS)
- Consideration of ISO report “Future Challenges for EMS” and ISO 14001 Continual Improvement Survey
- Maintenance and improvement of current ISO 14001 principles and requirements
ISO has identified the following emerging changes as a result of the revision:
- Strategic Environmental Management
- Protecting the environment
- Environmental performance
- Lifecycle thinking
How can SGS help?
We provide introduction training courses to help our prospects and clients understand the requirements of ISO/ DIS 14001 and Risk-Based Thinking. SGS is the first professional learning and development organisation to offer the one-day courses as IRCA Approved CPD.
Our experts can carry out a gap analysis against the requirements of ISO/DIS 14001 to make the transition smooth and transparent. This exercise will provide your organization with structured assistance to highlight the extent to which existing systems and controls cover the requirements of ISO/DIS 14001, or to identify an implementation action plan, where needed.
Contact the SGS office today and start the ISO 14001 transition process.